The conference is being organised by the Perinatal Institute, UK in partnership with the National Perinatal Epidemiology Centre in Cork, with the help of a local and international scientific committee. We are liaising with the International Stillbirth Alliance (ISA), whose annual meeting will also be held in Cork this year immediately following FG17, which will allow interested delegates to attend both meetings consecutively.
The focus of the conference will be on interactive presentations and critical evaluation of the latest evidence on matters concerning fetal growth, including
- Epidemiology and risk factors
- Fetal growth screening and surveillance
- International, national and individualised standards
- The role of ultrasound, Doppler and other investigations
- Management of early and late onset growth restriction
- Evidence based protocols and guidelines for best practice
- Macrosomia: detection and management
- Perinatal morbidity and mortality
- Insights from placental pathology
We have been able to secure an exceptional conference venue and hotel, the Fota Island Resort near Cork.